martes, julio 22, 2008

No debes amarme, de Leonard Cohen



You do not have to love me
just because
you are all the women
I have ever wanted
I was born to follow you
every night
while I am still
the many men who love you

I meet you at a table
I take your fist between my hands
in a solemn taxi
I wake up alone
my hand on your absense
in Hotel Discipline

I wrote all these songs for you
I burned red and black candles
shaped like a man and a woman
I married the smoke
of two pyramids of sandalwood
I prayed for you
I prayed that you would love me
and that you would not love me.

3 comentarios:

PVOT?... dijo...

anda la osa, ese leonar me acordó de cuando tenía 22 y estaba enamorada de un ajedrecista loco ....

Ombligo-Mandinga, de José Velasco dijo...

Como hay güeyes que tienen letras tan buenas. El otro día me acordaba de Billy Corgan, esa rola que dice "DESPITE ALL MY RAGE, I'M STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE" Saludos.

Jo dijo...

no pense que repetiria esto alguna vez "no crei que te gustara leonard cohen"